Saturday, November 19, 2016

Hello, It's Me (I'm Finally Back)

You know, I used to secretly criticize people in my head when they didn't continuously update their blogs. I always thought they were such slackers. Then I became one of them.

The truth is that life happens. So, this is my attempt to get back to updating more regularly. 

The reason I've been MIA is that I just graduated from college, got a job about a week later, and went full speed ahead into preparing. I am teaching high school English, which is super exciting. As soon as I got the job, I started taking education classes, attending seminars, lesson planning, and so on. So it's been super busy on my end. Being a first year teacher is hard work!

BUT that doesn't mean I've neglected writing. I've been a little slower lately, but I'm still writing. I have currently sent completed manuscript #2 to a couple of beta readers. It's still a little short and I've reached the point where someone else's eyes need to see it because mine are no longer helpful. I'm excited for that feedback!

I'm also still working on finishing my current WIP, but because I'm me, I couldn't resist starting a new project. It just seems weird to me to only be writing one thing at a time. So I actually got a pretty good idea for a sequel to completed manuscript #2, so I've started writing that too. Obviously it's still in the early stages, but I'm excited to see where it'll go. I may even get more ideas from the beta feedback. 

These two projects are very special to me. The first manuscript I wrote was exactly that: the first. It's rough, full of plot holes, inconsistent, and not my best writing. But it was the first and it will always hold a special place in my heart. Plus the experience I gained from writing it made these other two projects possible. Maybe one day (after a LOT of editing) it'll see publication. 

But for now, I'm excited about these two. I can totally see the potential they have. Although my wonderful job has slowed me down a little, I'm still fully dedicated to making one (or both!) of these a reality. 

So that's my life update. Keep writing, people. Even if it's hard. Even if you're busy. If you really love it, you'll still love working on it.

More updates to come (I promise). 

No comments:

Post a Comment